Sonntag, 29. Dezember 2013

Empties December 2013 | Beauty

Hey ladies!

My, this month has really flown by... and I have a whole list of products, which I managed to empty *cue applause*. But really, there is nothing quite as satisfying as using up a few products in your already stuffed beauty closet, thus justifying a whole new round of products!


La Roche Posay Effaclar: I did a whole review here. This was perfect for when my skin was a bit oilier in summer. Now that winter has arrived I much prefer my Bioderma (mentioned in my winter skincare routine here).

The Body Shop Amazonian Wild Lily Bodywash: This smelled great at first, but I got so sick of the smell fairly quickly! Not my favorite in the end. However, a little went a long way, so the price really was worth it in that aspect. 

Estée Lauder Daywear BB Cream: Why have I not managed to do a full review on this? This is the best BB cream on the market in my opinion and I suggest you all try it. Don't let the price scare you away because a little goes a long way. I used this little tube everyday for 6 months. It is also great for oilier skin during summer and has an amazing SPF of 30!

MAC prep+prime Eyeshadow Primer in Medium: This is a hooooly grail! It was my first primer and I have stuck with it for over 6 years now. It creates a perfect base without veins or redness and its creaminess soothes the sensitive skin on my eyelid. I will repurchase this when I have gone through 2 primers which were gifted to me!

Alverde Handcream: This is only available in Germany, but there is no reason to be sad because it was horrible. I just used it to get rid of it. There was a weird sticky/greasy film on my hands and it did not moisturize at all. Will not repurchase. Ever.

Wella Pro Series Winter Therapy: This is known as Vidal Sassoon in the US. I used Vidal Sassoon for what must be years and loved it. However, I have found much better at a similar price so: adieu! See you never!

Artemis Day Fluid: I loved this stuff! My boyfriend got this for me last Christmas and it was the ideal day/night cream during summer. For winter it is much too light, but I may repurchase it in spring, but I am on the lookout for a cheaper alternative!

L'Oréal Perfect Clean Daily Scrub: Sorry about the limescale on this one! This is my absolute favorite scrub of all times and I have been using it for 3 years at least (obviously not this exact tube...). I used to use this everyday, but it can be a little too harsh after a while. Otherwise this is great. The peeling beads have the right size and texture and it is not as harsh as other facial scrubs I've tried. Not to mention those gross ones which feel like sand on your skin. eek! I have already repurchased this. I love it!

Hope you are all well!

xoxo, Kate

Kommentare:

  1. So many nice empties! Liking the Effaclar especially. Thanks for the reviews :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Lovely empties.
    I will deffintly give that BB Cream a try next summer.
    TarteTanya

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I also like emptying my products just for the excuse to try new ones. :)

    I've nominated you for a Liebster award. If you wish to accept it, you can read more about it here: http://www.blackandgrey.ca/2014/01/the-liebster-award-blackgreys-100th-post.html

    Have a great day and Happy New Year, Kate!

    AntwortenLöschen