Sonntag, 1. Dezember 2013

Artdeco Oil-Free Foundation | Review

Hi ladies! Back to beauty reviews it is! I thought I would start off the week with my most exciting new purchase (there have been a few recently... sorry I'm not sorry?). I was having a bit of a rough week and an hour to kill before a doctor's appointment, so I went into the German version of Sephora... 'Douglas' (I get all tingly just hearing the name!) and came out with a few goodies.

Since what feels like forever, I have been trying to find a great foundation. I was using the Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24h for a few years, but the glass bottle and high price made me want to look for something different (I'm really clumsy, glass is never a good plan). The last time I ordered it, the bottle head was cracked off and that was when I decided to go for something more reasonable... with a plastic bottle.

I will post reviews on different foundations I have tried in the past 2 years from Chanel and Benefit to Bourgois and Maybelline... none of them were 'perfect'. Until now...



Ladies, if you are on a budget (even if you're not), Artdeco has turned out to be fantastic. It isn't cheap (it also isn't the 'sexiest' brand), but it is really solid beautiful middle-priced make up. I picked up the Oil-free foundation a few days ago and WOW. Think of this as the Volvo of make-up.

Consistency: Like a cream, but not at all greasy. It is a little thick, but blends out beautifully and doesn't stay thick on the skin. It is oil-free, perfect for oily or combo skin! It also has SPF 20- always a plus!

Coverage: Medium to full. This covered up old acne scars and some redness I had. I do go in with a concealer under my eyes and for any current break outs.
My hands actually look worse than my face does right now (thanks, winter). This is why I am showing you the level of coverage on my hands!

Longevity: Lasted all day and since it is hat weather here in Berlin, I am happy to report no make up transferred onto my hat! Never before has this not been a problem. There were also no problems with oxidation!

Finish: This is a 'mattifying make up for all skin types'. It is mattifying, but not mask-like or cakey. I still have a healthy glow to my skin, but without the excess oil on my nose, forehead and chin. I did not have to powder once during the day when I used my MAC prep+prime Skin Refined Zone. No-fuss make up is the best and, in my opinion, only way to go.

Shades: Now there aren't as many shades as there with, for example, MAC. However, they do go fairly light (no pun intended? what?) and dark. This is great news for people like me.. half human half vampire.

Smell: We all know I can't have anything on my face/near my nose/in my life generally which doesn't smell good. Especially foundation. If is smells bad, I won't use it. There is nothing worse than getting up early and then dealing with chemical smells on your face. This smells like really luxurious, fresh face cream. Yum!

Dispenser: You squeeze the product out of the top. The opening is small, so you end up with a very controlled amount of product and is very hygienic.

Price: 20€. The bottle is quite small, but you do not need a lot of product. It is perfect for traveling or throwing in your bag if you're having a sleep over.

All in all, this is a beautiful product, which is reasonably priced and feels absolutely luxurious. I won't be going back to high-end foundations anytime soon!

What is your favorite foundation? Do you care if it's high end or drugstore? I love all your opinions, as I said: I'm nosy! :)

Until next time!

xoxo,
Kate


Kommentare:

  1. I'm still on the market for the PERFECT foundation, but so far I've only come across a few that are ALMOST perfect - high-end and drugstore. I have oily combo skin, and my biggest issue is finding something that doesn't easily transfer off my face or high-beam someone walking by. Your review of the Artdeco foundation sounds like a good fit for me though! I have to look into whether or not I can easily find Artdeco products around my area, but I'm totally willing to give this a guy a try if my new foundations don't work out for me.

    Thanks for the helpful review! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. if you can, you should! It feels so luxurious!
      xoxo

      Löschen
  2. This sounds lovely! I'm always on the lookout for long-wearing foundations that aren't heavy or cakey- thanks for the review! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Same! Foundations seem to be tricky...
      xoxo

      Löschen
  3. Amazing review.
    I need to check out Art Deco's product's I've heard nothing but positive reviews.
    TarteTanya

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I am really positively surprised- I thought it was more of an old-lady brand. Their eyeshadows are great too!

      Löschen
  4. This was such a detailed review! I'm looking to try a new foundation that will hold all day. Art Deco just launched in the US and they have 30% off all products on their site with the code LAUNCH30. Definitely will be giving this foundation a try

    AntwortenLöschen