Freitag, 1. November 2013

Review: Rimmel Match Perfection Silky Loose Face Powder | Review


Bonjour everyone from Brussels! After a few negative reviews about high-end products, today is positive, cheap and cheerful! :) I used to be completely against loose powders because I had some weird notion that they would be glittery and make my skin appear greasy- until now! 

Some loose powders make you look 'luminous' or give you a 'glow', which anyone who has oily or combination skin usually shrieks and runs the other way from, thinking, 'adding more shine to my face... juuuust what I need'. 

This Rimmel loose powder does nothing of the sort. It keeps me matte, but doesn't look cakey no matter how much I apply. It blends like butter! There is no weird white residue at all and I have never stayed matte as long as I have with this powder. Rimmel really has gotten this 100% right. Can we also just take a minute to appreciate how reasonably priced this is? Finally, something at the drugstore!
Application: I usually use my Real Technique's face brush (the really fluffy one). Another great attribute of this product is that it does not come with the holes in the plastic covering the powder already open, you can do them yourself (I used an earring)! I only opened about half and this way I don't end up with a crazy powdery mess. 
When I fly to Brussels this weekend I will only be bringing my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish because even though I don't have a mess when the powder has been sitting on my shelf, I don't imagine this will be the best to travel with. 

For some reason this adds a softness to my make up which no powder has ever given me.  My pores are less pronounced and any other issues are instantly softened. This is perfect over your foundation, bb cream or even on its own. 
 The only smell problem I have with this product is the smell. It smells like Rimmel tried to give it a bit of a fruity smell, but failed miserably as it smells chemical. The smell does not linger on the skin though!
This powder is perfect for any skin type, it isn't mask-like and adds soft freshness to any make up underneath
it. As I have mentioned before my skin is extremely sensitive, this has not broken me out or caused any irritation.  This is a win-win product in my book!

PS. If you are living in Germany, you know that Rimmel isn't sold anymore- I got mine through ASOS!

Have you tried this or any other Rimmel products?

Hope you are having a great day!
xo, Kate


Kommentare:

  1. Rimmel is on fire at the moment, all their products seem to be amazing! I love rimmel, i'm sure they're my favourite drugstore makeup brand. I haven't tried this but i have tried their match perfection foundation and it's AMAZING. Need to give this a go!

    Sharlotte

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi Sharlotte! I absolutely agree, they have really great products. I will have to check out that foundation.
      xo,
      K.

      Löschen
  2. This sounds like a great powder! I'll have to give it a go :) x

    lamourjosie.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. You definitely should, it is a great product and you can't go wrong at that price! Thanks for stopping by, dear!

      Löschen
  3. I've not tried any Rimmel powders but this sounds lovely. I really wanna try the Stay Matte powder from Rimmel, everyone raves about it! xx
    www.dolleduplondon.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi Nuala, I got the Stay Matte powder last weekend and can't wait to try it- it's so hyped!
      Love your blog!

      Löschen
  4. I love rimmel products, they have some really good products out at the moment, I really wana try this powder!
    http://ellaurabeauty.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. You should definitely go for it Laura! Are there any specific products you recommend?
      xoxo

      Löschen
  5. I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my blogpost for the details, if you don't know what that is! I nominated you, because I love your blog! :) xx

    http://shush-itsasecret.blogspot.co.uk/

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks girl! I will check it out ASAP. I did a post a while ago, but I just miiiight need to do another one- I love getting to know the people behind different blogs!
      xoxo

      Löschen
  6. Great review! I love how you describe your real techniques brush as "the really fluffy one", haha! (:

    x Sofie
    http://sofiescurlymess.blogspot.co.uk

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Haha! I was hoping someone would notice this incredibly sophisticated writing ;-)
      Thanks for stopping by Sofie!

      Löschen
  7. I don't usually use a loose face powder, they always get so messy so I just stick to the normal pressed powder ones.. This one looks great though.. x

    Rachael | overdosedemaquillage.blogspot.com ♥

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. This one isn't bad if you only open half the holes and then tip a little into the lid. I was intimidated at first too!

      xoxo

      Löschen
  8. Antworten
    1. It really is great. As long as you don't travel with it, it doesn't get unbearably messy!
      xoxo

      Löschen
  9. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. i don't think i've ever actually tried any rimmel products but i'd like to!

    xx fameliquorlove

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. You definitely should Danielle. They aren't much of an investment, so you can't really go wrong trying a few things!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Löschen