Dienstag, 12. November 2013

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer | Review




Good morning everyone! I am almost out of my Estee Lauder Day Wear BB Cream which was getting too dark for my skin in winter (hello, vampire!). Most BB Creams and tinted moisturizers are way too dark for me in winter, so I decided to give this a go as I read many reviews saying it was light enough for even the palest of us... represent? 

This product is really a winner for anyone with either really light skin or dark skin as it comes in a large variety of hues. Medium skin tones usually don't have the problem really pale or really dark skin have while finding a good color match.
Since it is oil free it is perfect for those of us with oily or combination skin. This will not mattify in any way, shape or form but it does not make your skin slick with oil the way a product containing a lot of oil might. It sinks in quite beautifully and gives you a sheer coverage finish. I still go in with a little concealer and powder. For anyone with oily skin or an oily t-zone, definitely set this with a mattifying powder and a little primer. 

Something to get used to for me after using the Estee Lauder BB Cream is the smell. It is unscented and after the delicious cucumber scent of my BB Cream it smells not so great. The smell doesn't linger though, so it is no problem at all!
I tend to break out from using products (especially of the moisturizer variety) and this has not given me a single blemish, which is new territory for me

The blendability on this is not the best because it is quite thick. I recommend dabbing a bit on your forehead, nose, chin and cheeks and blending it out with your fingers from there. In my opinion it looks best with a little oil reducing primer (MAC prep+prime skin refined zone is my favorite, as usual) on my t-zone.

Every time I wear this people tell me how beautiful my skin is, which means I am not just imagining my luminous, glowing skin! Also, SPF is still very important in winter even though the sun isn't shining (bla bla), but, really, it's true and we should all be using it.


Do you wear foundations or tinted moisturizers/BB Creams in winter?
Talk soon!
Kate


Kommentare:

  1. I've wanted to try this for a really long time and you've completely convinced me to get it - nice review :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. It took me so long to decide too- but it really is worth the investment!
      Thanks for taking the time to comment.
      xoox

      Löschen
  2. Lovely review :)

    New Post Up: http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/2013/11/ootd-plaid-dress-from-oasap.html

    AntwortenLöschen