Freitag, 15. November 2013

Clarins Lotus Oil for Oily and Combination Skin | Review


Happy friday, everyone! Let me start with an apology: I have been so busy lately, that I haven't had time to post or read others' blogs. Next week is looking a little better, so I will definitely do my best to post and comment more regularly.

Now to the actual review: First off, let me tell you what an enabler Tanya from TarteTanya is. She mentioned this oil for dry skin in a post and recommended I try the oil aimed at oily/combination skin- I am so glad she did!

I know what you're thinking: 'An oil for oily skin? What?' This was precisely my first reaction to this absolutely genius product right here. It is more than just great- it is a staple, can't-live-without, miracle oil. If any of you have oily or other problem skin I can only recommend this! 

The directions on the product packaging tell you to use only about 3-4 drops on skin dampened by toner. I can usually get away with 3 drops and usually only use this at night because it would be too oily under my daytime tinted moisturizer. I massage them into my skin and down my neck if I have too much on my fingers. It is recommended to especially use this on your t-zone or other problematic oily areas.

If you have bangs it is good to sleep with a headband on (this is generally a good plan since your hair also contains oils, products, etc. which you don't want on your skin) because your hair won't get any oil on it.

I wish I knew the technology/science behind this, but this is a little out of my field (more like really out of my field). It reduces the oil my t-zone produces during the day and hydrates my cheeks and neck. My skin is more in balance than it has ever been: my redness is reduced and in many cases almost gone, this takes care of break outs like a champ and I barely need to blot anymore. Whatever Clarins did- it is working and I don't ever want to stop using it.

I have been really into oils lately- any recommendations from your side?
xo's!
Kate

Kommentare:

  1. I love to use oils, particularly in the autumn and winter, and my favourite Clarins oil is the Santal oil - it's fantastic for dehydrated skin, or I also recommend Décleors Aromessence in Angelique. Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I guess you can't go wrong with the Clarins oils- no matter what skin type!

      Löschen
  2. Amazing review, I'm so glad this worked for you!
    AND
    thanks for the amazing mention you made my day!!!
    TarteTanya

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. This stuff is really incredible! I am so happy I got it- great recommendation, again :)
      xoxo

      Löschen
  3. Ah, glad you're loving this! Tanya always talks about great products :) I'm using the Antipodes Divine Oil at the moment and it's also great for my oily skin! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I agree, her blog is great! Something about oil on oil seems to be working for us, yay! :)
      xoxo

      Löschen
  4. I've been wanting to try this for a while. I think I just need to bite the bullet and pay out for it finally. haha

    viennafly1.blogspot.com
    <3

    AntwortenLöschen