Samstag, 9. November 2013

Battle of the Lip Balms: Nuxe Rêve de Miel vs. Avéne Cold Cream | Review

Hi ladies! So last weekend I took a mini trip to Brussels and bought a little more (ok, a lot more) french pharmacie skincare products than I can justify (expect so see many Nuxe and Bioderma reviews!). Among these was the Rêve de Miel lip balm. Excitement. A while back I had purchased the Avéne cold cream lip balm, which in my opinion outrageously expensive for a lip balm. So here goes the battle between the two ;-)



Consistency: The Nuxe lip balm is much thicker, more of a paste. It blends into the lips and doesn't feel sticky at all, it coats them in the best way possible. The paste consistency improves its longevity in my opinion. It is a win-win all around.

Its Avéne counterpart has more of a vaseline consistency, the way a standard lip balm feels. It doesn't last as impressively long as the Nuxe- its pretty average.

Hydration: Reve de Miel lives up the hype and wins this one 100%. My lips are extremely chapped and  eczema prone and this really does the trick. My Neutrogena lipbalm was better than the Avéne at only a fraction of the cost- it did absolutely nothing! I am sure some of you can sympathize with that my-lips-are-so-dry-they-might-fall-off-feeling and this takes care of that in only a few hours. I keep this on my bedside table to use before bed and wake up with soft, plump, hydrated lips.

Price: Nuxe comes in at €12,20 and Avéne at €7,90 (both the cheapest I could find). Not a huge difference, but the extra €4 are so worth it.

Nuxe on right, Avéne left

Smell/taste: This is very personal, so I will refrain from my opinion (Nuxe wins!). Nuxe smells very neutral. It has that smell natural products have, but with a hint of orange (I might be imagining this, but there is some citrusy note in there... anyone?).

Avéne smells like vaseline (starting to think I bought overpriced vaseline), just what you would expect from a drugstore lip balm. Not luxurious, at all.

Finish: The Nuxe balm is matte, perfect for carrying lipstick without it 'slipping' off my lips. Avéne is more glossy, so you could wear it as a 'gloss' on its own!

Winner: NUXE, NUXE, NUXE (can you say that three times quickly?)! It gets the job done and you only need a small amount for this to work its small wonders. If you are looking to invest in a little bit of luxury, definitely go with this!

What are your favorite lip balms?

Thanks for reading! 
xo, Kate


Kommentare:

  1. I said NUXE NUXE NUXE quickly and died of laughter lol
    My favourite lip balm at the moment is Balea's Juicy Orange balm which I absolutely love, you can read about it on my blog; but I might try the Avene lip cream as well, soonish.

    Otilia ♥
    http://otiliapntl.blogspot.ro

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. haha glad you laughed ;)
      Balea has really nice products- I love their 'relax' (or something along those lines) body wash!

      xo
      Kate

      Löschen
  2. Nuxe will always win. It's simply the best.

    Lindsey| fairmaquillage.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi Lindsey! I completely agree. You can never go wrong with a little Nuxe :-)
      xoxo

      Löschen
  3. Nuxe is best :)

    New Post Up: http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/2013/11/ootd-plaid-dress-from-oasap.html

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Always true! What other products have you tried?
      xo

      Löschen
  4. Lovely post, makes me want to go back to Brussels :)

    Davina, davina-tian.blogspot.ca

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi Davina! I love Brussels too, you should definitely go back when you get the chance :)

      Löschen
  5. Amazing post! I love it:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I love Nuxe. I actually tend to have kind of bad luck with Avène. Not that the products do anything bad, but they've just never really worked for me. If you get the chance, check out Nuxe's shower gel. It's really really good.
    I'm loving your blog! I think we have the same skin type and love for the French pharmacy.
    <3
    viennafly1.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I agree! I just checked out your blog and agree with you 100%! I can't find where to follow you, do you mind sending me your Bloglovin link?
    xoxo

    AntwortenLöschen