Montag, 21. Oktober 2013

Lush Holiday Collection | Beauty

Since Lush arrived in Germany, I have been head over heels! Finally a store in which I don't feel guilty about animal testing, harmful chemicals or irritating my sensitive skin. Since being back in Berlin from Brussels (it has been a good year now), I had not set foot in a store because I overdosed a little the previous few years. I also had a lot of skin issues, so I stayed away from any creams which I hadn't run by my doctor first.

Now that I am back on the Lush-wagon, I could not be more excited about their holiday collection! Even though I was a huge Lush-y, I had never tried their bath bombs because for a while I only had a shower (the horror!). 
The Christmas Penguin (5.45 €) is not only adorable, but also smells fresh. Under the infamous 'Lush' smell lies a refreshing orange undertone. The sales girl compared it to their 'The Olive Branch' shower gels. This would also be a great cute present for any guys in your life. The smell is not sickeningly sweet and easily unisex... and let's be honest, what guy doesn't like taking a bath with a cute penguin bath bomb (I know my Mr. Man is a big fan!).

Melting Snowman bath bomb (3,95 €): Honestly, this is my favorite bath bomb I got. It is an oil bath and smells exactly like a cinnamon christmas cookie! With cinnamon oil, cloves and lime, this is the ideal mix of fresh and spicy (also a very unisex smell!). Perfect for a snowy day! Plus, who can resist that carrot nose?


Tisty Tosty (5.75): While this is not part of the holiday collection, I decided to include it. For me roses are more of a heavy smell, which I associate with winter. Not only is this bath bomb beautiful with dried rose buds in it, it smells delicious too. It smells 100% like roses and not one bit artificial. The bath bomb itself smells a bit powdery, but I will let you know if that smell holds in the actual bath. Just imagine how romantic and serene the rose buds will look in the tub.

Santa's Lip Scrub (9.95 €): Now I have never been someone who used a lip scrub, but this time of year with an added cold definitely calls for it. I was hard-pressed wether to try this or the Popcorn flavor, but then opted for this because I had not seen it reviewed yet and was curious. The first thing which sucked me in is the color! It is the most gorgeous, wintery deep blood red. If that doesn't put me (or at least my lips) in a christmas mood, I don't know what will! 

It supposedly tastes like Cola- I am definitely not tasting it (thank goodness). While there is a slight undertone, it tastes and smells like a cross between buttered kettle corn and cream soda. I love sugary smells (and tastes), but would not use a lotion which smelled like it because that would be sugar-overload. This is why a Popcorn or Cola-flavored lip scrub is perfect, as it is just confined to your lips!

Have you tried any products from the Lush holiday collection?


Kommentare:

  1. Both the penguin and the snowman are adorable - almost too cute to be used :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I know, I used the snowman last night. It was the best bath I have ever had!

      Löschen
  2. Wonderful post, I'm so excited to head over to my Lush and pick up their holiday collection too :)

    Davina xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Antworten
    1. You definitely do! :) It is such a unique smell and taste!

      Löschen
  4. this is such an adorable little collection! that penguin :P I have the popcorn lipscrub but now i'm really tempted to get the santa one too!

    www.tigerlilybeauty.blogspot.com | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I am dying to try the popcorn one! It sounds delicious!

      Löschen
  5. cool !
    follow each other?
    let me know ;*

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I'm definitely going have to grab myself that lip scrub!

    Kendra
    xx

    Blog: Stolen Inspiration
    Instagram: KendraAlexandra
    Facebook: StolenInspiration

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Yay, I always get so excited for Lush's Christmas goodies! That Lip Scrub looks incredibly amazing :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Santa's lip scrub will do the trick I am sure ;-) nice blog here. Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Let me know.
    xo
    Lenya
    www.fashiondreamsandlifestyle.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Following on GFC #17. Thx sweetie. Have a lovely day.
      xo
      Lenya
      www.fashiondreamsandlifestyle.blogspot.com/

      Löschen