Donnerstag, 24. Oktober 2013

La Roche-Posay: Effaclar | Skin Care

For anyone who has break outs, no matter if you are 13 or 30, it is a pain! Personally, I have struggled with skin issues my whole life. From dermatitis, to acne to weird allergic reactions- I have had it all!

When I first started getting acne, I got the Shiseido Pureness line which worked well since my skin was extremely oily. Almost 7 years later, my skin has most definitely changed. This is a huge lesson I have learned: Your body changes! With that being said, one should reevaluate one's skincare routine when something isn't working. For example, after 2 years of clear skin I got break outs again! Of course, it can be hormonal or external influences, but you may have outgrown your skin care products.

When dealing with acne, it is important to be kind to your skin. Over exfoliation will only worsen the problem (sad but true: it could be your cleansing brush!). Alcohol is also an ingredient to avoid. I can not stress this enough! It is a main ingredient in many acne treatments, but can worsen the problem because it brings your skin out of balance. Especially if your skin is sensitive, try to avoid this because it really strips it and dries it out. A little natural oil is good!

My last big tip is experiment! Keep an eye on the ingredients. While salicylic acid works for some people, it worsens the problem for others, the same goes for alcohol. Something all natural with certain oils or herbs may be much more helpful to you personally.

Recently, although I still get break outs, I have changed my skin care. La Roche-Posay has helped me with a lot of my dermatitis problems, so why shouldn't it help with acne too? I was completely right! It is gentle, but still gets the job done. On to the actual products I have been using.
Deep Cleaning Foaming Cream: This is wonderful. It feels thick and luxurious and does not strip my skin. While it might feel good to really deep clean your skin to the point where it is squeaky clean- this is not the best plan because your body often produces more oil to recreate its former balance. While my skin isn't stripped, it feels refreshed, especially when combined with my Clarisonic Mia 2. I highly recommend this!

Effaclar Toner Astringent Lotion: I was naughty and did not read the ingredients on this and it is full of alcohol. When I put this on a cotton ball it stung my eyes because it smelled so strongly of alcohol, I might as well save some money and rub Vodka on my face. Needless to say I will not be letting this anywhere near my face. I would definitely not recommend, use or repurchase this since toners with lots of alcohol only irritate my break out and dry out the rest of my skin.

Targeted Breakout Corrector: This is the best product of the three which I reviewed. I have never had a cream which I applied to a break out and saw results almost immediately. Usually I apply this before bed and when I wake up my skin is less irritated and my break out is reduced. It has a creamy texture, which sinks into my skin quickly. It doesn't make pimples vanish, but within 2 days there is only a bit of discoloration (usually my break outs stay a good week). Huge recommend!

What are your favorite skin care products at the moment?


Kommentare:

  1. This looks great! your pictures are lovely <3

    Sharlotte

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wow the Effeclar AI treatment sounds good, I've heard it clears up skin really quickly! I'd love to try out more of their products, especially that as you said its the best out of the 3!

    Kathryn x
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    AntwortenLöschen