Sonntag, 6. Oktober 2013

Foundation Routine for Combination Skin in Winter | Beauty

All of us who have combination skin know the problem: When winter comes around your skin goes crazy! At least for me. I end up getting dry patches, then broken out from moisturizing my dry spots too much, and then it all starts over again. Recently, I have been perfecting my skin with just 4 products. It may seem like a lot, but to me it is worth not having either caked on make-up or crazy skin.






First, cleanse and tone your face (per usual, I recommend Shiseido Pureness face wash). Now I prime my oily areas with my MAC Prep + Prime Refined Zone. The trick to this step is letting your primer soak in before applying the rest of your make up, I will usually apply my eye cream during this time (Loving Shiseido Benefiance and Lancome!).

Instead of using a heavy cream, I apply my Estee Lauder DayWear BB Cream all over my face (SPF is important, even if it may not seem like it in colder weather!). I really like this. It works well on my sensitive skin and smells of cucumber. While it is most definitely not full-coverage it gives enough coverage to even out small problem areas. It does not leave you feeling greasy or over moisturized and gives me a healthy glow (at least I like to think it does).

Now I apply concealer where I need it, recently I have been loving Benefit's fake-up concealer, especially for my crazy under eye circles (thank you uni!). 

After this step is done, I will apply my Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse make up only to my nose, chin and the middle of my forehead making sure to blend it out nicely with my fingers. This foundation is fabulous if you have very oily skin and it lasts all day. If you have dry patches definitely stay away from this as it clings to no end- this is why I only apply it on my most oily parts of my face.

Another reason I don't use it all over my face is that it does give a bit of a mask-like effect as it is extremely high coverage. Great for days where your skin is not cooperating and you have time to bronze, contour, blush and highlight. So probably not your best bet early in the morning rushing out the door.

After these steps I do not need to powder once during the day and I have no problems with dryness or irritated skin. My face is hydrated, radiant and shine free. Who said having combination skin had to be hard? Now I complete my make-up and I am out the door without the extra weight of an extra compact in my purse.

Do you change up your foundation routine for winter? Do you like BB creams or foundations better?

Kommentare:

  1. I love this post and I also absolutely love Dream Matte Mousse too! I find what you said about it is spot on - definitely not the best foundation for dry skin but perfect for oily.
    And also in reply to your question at the end of your post, I definitely prefer BB creams to foundations. I find foundations too heavy for my skin as they clog it up and cause spots, whereas BB creams are more caring and moisturising. (That's my opinion anyway, I'd love to hear yours!)

    amycarysdeverson.blogspot.co.uk
    x x

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I agree, I really like BB Creams. They are so easy to apply aswell. The Estée Lauder one is fantastic because not only does it not make my skin oily, it also smells of cucumber.

      xoxo

      Löschen
  2. I definitely use a bit more foundation in the winter than I do in the summer. I haven't tried the Dream Matte mousse but it sounds wonderful. Will have to check that out. :)
    xo
    Marija

    www.rosehorseshoe.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I would love to hear what you think? It's extremely high coverage which I personally need every once in a while when my skin decides to go on strike. Thanks for stopping by!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I just bumped into your blog and after scrolling through your posts, I must say I really like it :) How about we follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin? :)
    Kisses from Zurich,
    K.

    http://beneaththecoat.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I would love to! Thank you for your sweet comment! xo

      Löschen
  5. I have dry skin and in winters, I usually notice dullness on my face. I have tried this DREAM MATTE Mousse along with Lifecell all-in-one anti aging during whole winters and the results are really unbelievable. Thanks for such a nice product.

    AntwortenLöschen