Donnerstag, 29. August 2013

Regret: Chanel Vitalumière | Beauty


We've all had this happen. We buy makeup which has gotten nothing but positive reviews and we have to try it. In the cases of drugstore mascara we can usually count our losses and move on. With an almost 50€ foundation not so much. 

I usually use either Benefit Hello Flawless or Maybelline Dream Mouse foundations (middle and lower price range) so when I finally splurged I was expecting magic. Instead I got crazy greasy skin (a little too much glow, no?). I usually have combination skin with my t-zone being on the oily side, but this took my oily t-zone to a new level making me look like I had rubbed my face in, well, oil. Not flattering.

I think this product would be fine on older skin, but definitely not on skin which tends to get greasy because no matter how often I blot and powder, this sucker does not give up. Im thinking of mixing it with my maybelline foundation as it tends to stick to my dry areas. Do you have any good ideas what to do with this? Germany is terrible with their exchange policies! 

Foundations I highly recommend are Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra (more coverage and smells great) and Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow (a pea size amount covers my whole face). Both are between 35 - 40 €, but worth the money, they last forever.

Kommentare:

  1. Maybe use it as a natural looking high light applying it on the highest points of the cheeks. Sucks that this didn't work out for you.
    :(
    TarteTanya

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. That is a fabulous idea. I'll try it out later and let you know how it goes!
      xo

      Löschen
  2. Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.

    AntwortenLöschen