Samstag, 24. August 2013

Skin Deep: Artemis Intense Night Serum




Due to my scientific background, I usually look at a product’s ingredients and then decide from there if the product is worth purchasing, in the series "Skin Deep" I will be reviewing different ingredients in skincare products and evaluating their safety both for your health and the environment.

I have been a huge fan of the Artemis skincare line for a while now and decided to see what makes their products so effective.

Ingredients: Hydrocalmin Compound®, Anti-Gravity Peptid, MineralPlus, Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Vera, Sodium PCA, Allantoin, Panthenol

Panthenol: Mixed with Allantoin (also an ingredient), it is used against minor skin disorders, wounds or burns. I put this serum on my exema and it clears it right up- no wonder! Panthenol is an alcohol and is hence also disinfecting. I would; however, not put this serum on wounds or burns!

Hyaluronic Acid: This is found in many of your body’s own tissue. It is argued that your body can absorb ingredients which it produces itself more effectively as it will know how to process them.

Sodium PCA: Like the amino acid proline. It is used to moisturize your skin and is fine to use and is not toxic or harmful.

Allantoin: You can find this in many plants and also in urine! It is also completely safe and natural. Studies have shown this is helpful in clearing dermatitis as it is known to be a moisturizing miracle-worker.

Hydrocalmin: I have so far only seen this in Artemis products, I can’t find any more information on it!

Anti-Gravity Peptid: Surely not the scientific name, so I can’t say much about it. Peptids are short amino acids, again this should not harm your body.

Panthenol: Mixed with Allantoin, it is used against minor skin disorders, wounds or burns. I put this serum on my exema and it clears it right up- no wonder! Panthenol is an alcohol and is hence also disinfecting. I would; however, not put this serum on wounds or burns!
Aloe Vera: Known for its soothing and healing character, it adds to the serum’s soothing and disinfecting qualities.

Conclusion: Gently and not harmful to your health ort he environment (only based on the product, not the packaging.) While the price is hefty, I can recommend it as it has worked wonders on my skin. I wake up in the morning with hydrated, plumper skin and my pores are minimized. Thanks to the panthenol/allantoin mix this product is great for anyone with skin problems (acne, exema, dry patches, blackheads) as it is disinfecting as well.

If you have acne this will definitely help as many acne treatments are rather drying and this will really hydrate your skin overnight. Also, I am allergic to many foods and this clears up my exema better than any cream I got from the dermatologist (still see your derm before using this though!)

All in all a fantastic product and one of the only I would 100% recommend to anyone. What are your go to skin care products? I am happy to review ingredients.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen